Sunday, January 6, 2008

Alexander Ovechkin!!!


Mathieu and two of his teammates, Brad and Ben, went to a local sports' store today to get NHLer Alexander Ovechkin's signature (see picture above). Mathieu has already asked me how much his signed photo is worth!? What a kid!
Well the new year is here and it would appear as if we have survived yet another milestone. One hurdle over and already another is fast approaching. Wednesday's appointment with the surgeon is making me quite anxious, but I trust that there won't be any surprises. I just hope that hearing what I already know from the surgeon himself won't somehow make it more real or scary.
Mat has a PD day tomorrow and both boys have a game on Tuesday night. At least it won't give me much time to sit around and think... ONE DAY AT A TIME. Sometimes its a very difficult thing to remember; but I must! The return to a semi-normal routine of school and hockey (and the gym) will no doubt help!
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. My very best wishes for the new year! Christine & Maya, Congratulations on the new addition to your family. ELLA, you and your family are in my thoughts.
That's it for now.
Take good care!
Renée

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year Rafters! love the photos :) looks like you kept busy over the holidays.

Let's do lunch soon.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you guys, Sounds like you had a very busy, fun christmas. I went to Calgary to see Jason & kevin, was great, i was spoiled rotten. Another year is here, one day at at time, one foot in front of the other at a time. Good luck Wed. Glad you're still writing, taldk to you soon
sharon
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to all! You make me dizzy, you are so busy with the boys!
Love the pictures and look forward to reading your Blog.

Shirley