Monday, August 20, 2007

Still here...

We took a trip to the ocean to scatter some of Tony's ashes in the ocean. Tony used to love the ocean... So, I chartered a boat and, with my sisters and our families and friend Luce, we did as he had requested. Wouldn't you know it, as soon as the ashes were scattered, a big dark cloud appeared and rained on us until we returned to port. Tears from heaven, I guess...











I still have my ups and downs and find it very difficult to concentrate on anything for more than a few minutes. Dealing with all the necessary paperwork is proving to be a challenge. I have to pace myself and be patient.

The boys start school next week so we are busy getting ready for that... and hockey season!

Well, that's it for now. Take good care!

Renée

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, hope you had a great trip. I'm so happy you scattered some of Tony's ashes over the ocean, he loved it the same way my dad did. Kevin will be coming in and we will be going to Maine Sept 1st - 5th, staying at the cottages you guys used to "Cottages the lane" lots of great memories in Maine, Renee, I'm gald you're still writing, one day at a time my love

Anonymous said...

Hey Renee,

I'm so glad you were able to get to the ocean to do that. There is something about being by the sea that feels restorative. Tony and dad were alike in many ways: their love of family, their joie-de-vive and how happy they were by the ocean. Thinkin of you all the time...

Lindaxx

Anonymous said...

dear renee, I still read your blog and find it comforting somehow that you're still keeping it up. I think of you and the boys , always, and wish you the strength you'll need everyday.
I think you're doing a great job even when you may not think so. Good luck to Richard and Mathieu in the back to school department.

keep on truckin'.

love, julie

Anonymous said...

Hi Renee,

I check the blog almost every day. Glad you are still writing and letting us know how you are all doing. Thinking of you often. You will be very busy when the hockey season starts. Chin up.

Shirley

Anonymous said...

You are never far from my thoughts