Monday, November 26, 2007

Hockey, hockey, and more hockey...

Well the weekend was busy. I did manage to get to the gym on Friday; and I'm very glad I did. The boys were off school so Mathieu came with me and hooked up with a gang in the gym to play basketball. The only thing is, now he wants to go everyday!

Saturday, Sylvie, Tristan, Renée-Anne, Francis, Mathieu and myself made our way to St-Pierre-les-Becquets for a hockey tournament. We were booked into a hotel for the night and the boys were just bursting with energy and excitement. For most of them, I think it was their first away tournament. They lost their game on Saturday and won on Sunday... Which means the team has to go back next Saturday for a game at 4:40pm. It's about 2 hours and 15 minutes away; if there's not too much traffic, construction, snow, etc. I'm still working on getting out of that one. I'm not sure if Mat will go without me, or if I'll feel comfortable sending him without me. Ah! The joys of being a hockey mom! We did have fun; but there's only so much to see in St-Pierre-les-Becquets. (Above is a photo of Coach Dave with some of the boys from Mathieu's team - having dinner in a fancy restaurant!!!)

Rich stayed with his buddy Andrew, and by the looks of him yesterday, I don't think they did much sleeping. Teenagers... He will be lacing up his skates tonight for a practice; keep your fingers crossed.

We have an appointment booked to see a surgeon regarding Mathieu's surgery on January 9th. Until then, I'll try not to think about it too much; other than maybe draw up a list of questions so that we don't forget anything. I might also get back in touch with the Familial GI Cancer Registry at Mount Sinai. The lady was trying to find a Buddy for Mathieu; a boy who has gone through the same thing and could possible chat with Mathieu and answer some of his questions...

Well, that's it for now.

Take good care!

Renée






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Renee
You certainly are having a very busy time. Hope that Richard gets back to full power soon. Good wishes for Mathieu's hospital appointment. Your photos are amazing.
Lots of love
Tom & Amy
xxx