Thursday, November 29, 2007

A better day...

Well, yesterday did improve after I went out and actually jogged for 15 minutes straight... That's a first for me... at least in my adult life! Today, I had an appointment with my personal trainer and with my therapist, so I'm feeling much better. My therapist actually told me that I could pass for 30 something... Of course, I have to keep in mind that I pay the woman; but still! I choose to believe that she was being honest. So, don't anyone burst my bubble!



Richard's knee seems a bit better. He stayed on the bench for his basketball game and hockey practice yesterday. I think that helped. Mathieu is looking forward to the second half of his hockey tournament in St-Pierre-les-Becquets this weekend; and, I'm pretty happy as well... My dear brother has agreed to take him! What a gem he is; and Mathieu's really happy about it as well. You can't beat that. I think the adult male company will do him a world of good.



I hate to admit it, but other than doing some laundry, the dishes, preparing a meal and moving a few piles of paper around, the house is still pretty much a mess. I think I'll need to call in professional help. Who am I kidding... When it comes to cleaning, I'm just an amateur, and this situation requires a professional...



I bumped into a colleague from work and a soccer-mom at the mall this afternoon. It was very nice seeing them. People have been so kind and considerate to me... It's heartwarming. I miss work but I'm afraid my brain is still not quite ready to handle any additional stress or any type of continued activity requiring concentration or focus. I do hope to see my colleagues before the holidays, maybe for lunch?



Well, that's it for now.



Take good care!



Renée

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Renee,

Glad to hear you had an "up" day for a change. I guess you will be on this roller coaster for a while before you can be on an even keel again.
For sure get a cleaning lady! I have been thinking of doing the same thing, but I have to clean the house a little before she comes in. At this point it's sort of Mission Impossible. Being a single working mother is no joke. You're always playing catch up. Hire a pro! Just imagine what it would be like to come home to an orderly house...sigh.
Linda
xx

Anonymous said...

Keep up the exercise girl and you will not only be looking younger but feeling it, so glad to hear the upbeat tone in your message.

lots of love
sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi Renee,
I think of you often, and like to "check in" on you by reading your blog.
I will be in the office next week, so it would be great to see you!
Take care of yourself,
Claudia