Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Exercise keeps me sane - I think !


Mathieu has been off school for two days now. On a positive note, he cleaned his room; which is more than I can say... He still has an itchy rash on his abdomen and complains of a headache... when he remembers. He'll be going to school tomorrow, with a note to call if he's not well. My guess is that he'll forget all about it once he sees all of his friends. Lets keep our fingers crossed.



Christmas is just around the corner and I'm trying to get into the spirit... Without much success. The Holidays have always been a time for family and a large part of my family was Tony. This season makes his absence all that more apparent. There's no running away from it. Although I'm willing to try...


Mathieu didn't want to stay alone today, so I didn't get to go to the gym. However, because I was feeling so blue, I pulled out some of Tony's old weights and did what I could of my program. For cardio, instead of doing my 30 min. on the elliptical trainer I went outside for a 15 min jog. It felt good. Then I shovelled some snow. I didn't feel all bubbly and overjoyed, but I think I would've been a lot more blue without the exercise. I talked to some friends on the phone tonight and that helped too.



One day at a time... I will get through this. Hopefully I will learn whatever lesson it is that I am meant to learn on this journey. Hopefully I will become a better person because of it. My kids deserve at least that much.



That's it for now.



Take good care!



Renée

No comments: