Sunday, December 16, 2007

I think it'll be a white Christmas...


Well, my friends, it's snowing and it's been snowing all day... Apparently the kids will have yet another snow day tomorrow. I don't think they realize they're cutting into my shopping time... Oh, well! maybe I'll spend less!

I managed to actually put up a Christmas tree this weekend. Mind you, if it hadn't been for the help of my friend Denise, I think it would still be lying in the box... I actually found an old artificial tree that Tony and I use to put up in our apartment on Decarie, before the boys were born - now that's going back a while. Thirteen years or so... But it still looks pretty good, don't you think. Especially with that handsome fellow standing beside it. Yes, that's my baby Mathieu. He'll be 11 next month already. Can you believe it!

It was a busy weekend; as they all seem to be, but, very pleasant. Tony's boss, Denis, met me at Mat's hockey game on Saturday. He brought me Tony's stuff from work and a CD of photos. I don't think Tony could've handpicked a better guy for a boss. In fact, everyone at Enbridge has been very supportive and understanding throughout this whole journey and I would like to thank you all. Tony - or Richard, as you all knew him - was very proud to work for such a wonderful company and with such a great bunch of people. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping him through his difficult journey and for being so understanding. You have no idea what it meant to us.

Well, that's it for now... I have to get some sleep because apparently we have a snow day tomorrow and I might just require extra energy to keep these boys busy and out of trouble. I hope I can make it to the gym...

Take good care! And drop me a line. I'd love to hear from you.

Renée

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Renee,

I'm glad that you put up a tree. Although it's difficult, I'm sure your husband would want you to continue your traditions. It's my first Christmas without my dad this year so I understand how difficult it is to face this holiday when you are missing someone so much it hurts. Know that I am thinking of you. You'll get through this just the way you have gotten through everything else. You are a lot stronger than you think. You've lived through the worst and are still here to tell of it. Sending good vibes your way....